On the Good read Dave chats with author Joanne Wilson’s about her new book, Renovate Your Relationship,
The New book provides a practical DIY guide on repairing relationship issues during tough times; explores the 80-20 rule & 5 key love languages
Relationships are fundamental to our mental health and more than ever we rely on support from our loved ones during times of uncertainty. We regularly service our cars and renovate our homes, but the maintenance and attention to our relationship is often overlooked, resulting in conflict, disconnection and loneliness. But it doesn’t have to.
In the new book, Renovate Your Relationship ($29.99, 1 Oct 2020), author and neuropsychotherapist Joanne Wilson draws upon decades of working with couples and singles to provide a practical guide to overcoming common relationship issues caused by increased stress. From self-awareness, communication issues, managing conflict, parenting and infidelity, this revolutionary guide results in more meaningful, healthier and happier outcomes for couples. The book covers topics such as:
- How to survive a pandemic with your relationship intact
- 3 Strategies for breathing life back in your relationship
- The Five Love Languages you need to know
- The 80-20 rule – why 20% of issues cause 80% of the problems
- Why we need to parent in the slow lane post COVID
- The key to combining romance and parenthood
- The ins and outs of modern dating and romance
- Managing the different types of conflict caused by stress
- Dealing with Infidelity & understanding why people cheat
- How to bring your relationship back from the brink of break up
Accessibly written with relatable case studies, Renovate Your Relationship is a must-read for anyone in need of relationship rehab.